229 Great Portland St, Marylebone
A Multi-Skilled Engineer is required for a static full time role with International Students House (ISH), a charity that provides accommodation for students while they study, scholarships and hardship funds to support their education and social activities to foster an international community.
We are currently looking for a Multi-Skilled Engineer to join our friendly team and carry out repairs and planned maintenance at our centre in Marylebone.
- Salary range of £35,000 - £37,000 per annum
- Contributory defined benefits pension scheme
- Interest free annual travel loan
- Company sponsored healthcare cash plan, with the opportunity to increase personal cover or include family members
- Daily meal allowance
We believe that our staff are our best asset and do all we can to ensure they are challenged and enjoy their work. We are an Investors in People Silver accredited employer and have been recognised by the Mayor of London for providing a healthy work environment for our people.
So, if you’re looking to take on a varied and engaging role, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Multi-skilled Engineer, your duties will include:
- Carrying out planned preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance and refurbishment
- Fault finding and remedial works on plumbing systems and drainage installations
- Sampling and cleaning works to potable water services, and water hygiene cyclical maintenance
- Assisting with the maintenance and repair of boiler house/plant services, and the BMS system
- Maintaining electrical installations, repairs and maintenance to M&E, plant, and building fabric
- Assisting the maintenance team with other PPM/extra works related tasks
- Physical inspections of the buildings, and of completed works and service contracts
To join us as our Multi-Skilled Engineer, you’ll need:
- Demonstrable experience within a similar role
- An NVQ Level 2-3 Plumbing or City & Guilds Plumbing or recognised equivalent
- An NVQ Level 2-3 or City & Guilds Electrical Installation or Electromechanical or equivalent
- 17th Edition I.E.E. registration or equivalent would be beneficial
- A positive, proactive attitude
- A commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
Other organisations may call this role Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Technician, Multi-Skilled Operative, M&E Engineer, or Electrician.
Webrecruit and International Students House are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Multi-Skilled Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.